I have been unsuccessful in making contact with a the public service person assigned to me. I first contacted him using the email address given, and waited a few days to see if he responded. After no respnse, I called using the number given, left a voice message and contact information. After waiting a few more days for a response, I determined that he either was not available or did not wish to respond. I did leave Marty's name as the person from who I obtained contact information from. I will keep looking for a response, and will persue if one comes, but I have decided not to make further contact.
Observation:
While at a service learning site for another course, I observed the agitated behavior of a tenant who is a person with schizophrenia. He was agitated about believing that someone had not given him the right box of food and that another person did it on purpose and that people were keeping food from him. I observed how people refrained from making eye contact with him and how a worker attempted to redirect him to other things, to no avail. People seemed to know something of what he was speaking, but I could not determine if there was an actual event that occurred or if it was his out of touch with reality thoughts.
Observation:
I noticed how students interacted with tenants at a service learning site. I knew we were there to make connections and learn, but it seemed too artificial. I felt sad that the connections being made were of limited duration; it seemed that the tenants were reserved and not very willing to make connections because they knew we were there short-term. After having been there for a number of visits, it was very difficult knowing that there was a lot of food insecurity of some of the tenants.
No comments:
Post a Comment